British company continues to explore for gas in Morocco

British company continues to explore for gas in Morocco
Image: Archive

Friday 12 August 2022 – 13:05

The British company SDX ENERGY, specialized in oil and gas exploration, announced the start of drilling operations for a new natural gas well in the southern region of Lalla Maimouna, in accordance with its technical plan to accelerate the drilling of 12 wells exploratory after the pandemic.

A new company publication indicated that the drilling of the “SAK-1” exploratory well aims to reach a depth of 1,160 meters, highlighting that the company seeks to drill three more wells in the remaining months of the current season, based on in its technical plan that it developed after the pandemic.

In this context, Mark Reed, general director of the oil company, said that “the SAK-1 exploratory well is part of the 2022 well drilling project with the aim of reaching gas reserves in the Western region”, and pointed out that “This well will open up a new exploration area.”

The same official added: “We thank the National Office of Hydrocarbons and Minerals for its constant support, so that the company complies with all the technical and practical conditions related to drilling operations”, while awaiting the results that they yield. drilling and exploration activities. transactions will be disclosed.

The “SDX Energy” company, which focuses its work on North Africa, especially Egypt and Morocco, has decided on the expectations of Moroccan drilling activities, which landed on five wells, to be launched in the second and fourth quarters 2021, as part of the 12-well drilling project that began in the last quarter of 2019, after completing the study, verification and survey stages.

The company holds five exploration licenses in the West Basin; They are: “Sebou”, “Northern Lalla Maimouna”, “Gharb Center”, “Lalla Maimouna South” and “Moulay Bouchti Gharbi”, which owns 75% of the exploitation rights of the different drilling areas it has obtained; The National Office of Hydrocarbons and Minerals owns the remaining 25 percent of the projects.

Gas Morocco oil